How do I install 4Sync for Mac?
To install 4Sync for Mac:
- Download 4Sync for Mac.
- Once it is downloaded, double-click the 4Sync icon to install.
- Make sure you have Administrator permissions, enter your name and password, then click OK.
- Please wait until installation is complete and that's it.
How do I open my 4Sync folder?
There are several ways to open your 4Sync folder.
a) Left-click on 4Sync icon on the status bar.
b) Select the Open 4Sync Folder option from the menu.
Right-click on 4Sync icon on the status bar.
- Click on the 4Sync icon.
How do I add files to my 4Sync for Mac?
To add files to your 4Sync folder from your Mac:
- Select the file you wish to add to 4Sync folder.
- a) Drag-and-drop the file into 4Sync folder.
b) Drag-and-drop the file to 4Sync icon on the status bar.
c) Use the Copy and Paste Menu options.
- The file will also be automatically synced with your web account.
You can upload files directly to your 4Sync web account and sync them with your Mac.
How do I sync files between computers?
If you have installed 4Sync on all of your Mac computers:
- Select the file.
- Copy it to your 4Sync folder.
- The file will automatically be saved on all your Mac computers.
If you have installed 4Sync on only 1 of your Mac computers:
- Select the file.
- Upload it to your 4Sync account.
- The file will automatically be synced with your Mac computer.
What is a menu bar?
The 4Sync Menu for Mac can be accessed in the following way:
- Find the 4Sync for Mac icon on your status bar.
- Left-click on the 4Sync icon.
- Open the Menu and select the option you want.
For what versions of OSX is 4Sync for Mac available?
4Sync for Mac is available for 10.7+ versions of OSX.
Is it possible to change the 4Sync for Mac account?
It's easy to change your 4Sync for Mac account:
- Select Preferences from the Menu (see Question What is a Menu bar).
- Press Alt on your keyboard.
- Click on the Unlogin button.
- Log in using your new password (login and password).
How do I know when 4Sync for Mac is syncing?
The syncing status is shown by the app icon on the status bar of your Mac.
indicating that file syncing is in process.
You can also check the syncing status by opening 4Sync the for Mac Menu Status
What do icons near files and folders mean?
The file is being updated.
Synchronization is complete.
An error has occurred.
A file/folder has been added.
How do I pause syncing with 4Sync for Mac?
To pause syncing from 4Sync for Mac.
- Left-click on the 4Sync for Mac icon on your status bar.
- Select the Pause Sync option to pause the synchronization process.